Risk Universe: Infrastructure
What is the role of risk register in preparation for potential risks? How the risk weight and impact should be calculated?
Posted: Mar 2012
RISK UNIVERSE ASSET CATEGORY: INFRASTRUCTURE
1. Business Disruption: Significant business interruptions threaten the organisation’s capacity to continue operations e.g. stemming from catastrophic damage at manufacturing plant, natural disasters, labour disputes, utility disruption, non-availability of raw materials, information technologies or other resources.
2. Government Actions: Ability to achieve objectives is affected by policies adopted by governments e.g. regulatory changes/ enforcement actions; refusal to grant permits; expropriation or nationalisation.
3. Legal liability Issues: Legal action related to infrastructure e.g. environmental contamination, transport related accidents.
4. Security Environment: Supplies/ distribution could be affected by antipathies from or between individual countries; impact on business from general crime rates; terrorist attacks/ threats; armed conflicts in region; protests/ demonstrations; organized crime.
5. Supply Chain: Costs/ volumes adversely affected by changing distribution channels; failure of supplier reliability or supplier non-compliance with CCHBC or customers CSR or governance principles (e.g. child labour).
Inefficient or unreliable production/ distribution infrastructure/ lack of capacity impacts on cost/ volume. Cost of complying with recycling requirements. 6. Global economic conditions: Inability to achieve business objectives in changing global economic conditions
Risk Register as a Tool of Risk Management
Risk Universe: People Assets
Risk Universe: Product and Marketing Assets
Risk Universe: Infrastructure Assets
Risk Universe: Information Assets
Risk Universe: Finance Assets